Big data refers to the process of extracting meaningful data by analyzing the massive amount of complex and variously formatted data at high speed, which an otherwise traditional system cannot handle. Likewise, data science is the systematic study of investigating big data. It entails processing a massive amount of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data to rope out insights and meanings. In simple language, data science is all about the art of making sense of big data used in business growth. Migration or conversion is an integral part of both data science and big data.
Data migration or conversion is transferring data from one location to another. It is an integral part of the matrix of business projects that frequently encounter the need to move data from one source to a new data center, application, system, and likewise. As moving data from one location to another is a mammoth-sized task that may lead to a data breach or data loss, a data migration strategy is a safe way out in this tricky situation. Some of the advantages of data migration strategy include –
- Prevention of data loss and data damage
- Reduction in storage costs as data redundancy is mitigated
- Seamless flow of business activities
- Increase in business productivity
Now that we have briefly touched upon data migration let us look at the process of converting big data into action with SAP S/4HANA.
Steps Involved in the Process of SAP S/4HANA System Conversion:
- Identification and review of the relevant Simplification Items – The first step entails ensuring that your source system fulfills all the source OS version, source DB version, and patch level requirements.
- Running customization pre-checks and adaptability settings – You can run the SAP Maintenance Planner – the SAP cloud-based tool for system landscape planning. The Maintenance Planner will scrutinize the status of business functions in the system and whether or not add-ons are successfully installed and are compatible with SAP S/4HANA. In case an add-on is incompatible, the conversion will be stopped. Simultaneously, the Maintenance Planner generates a mandatory XML stack file for consumption by the software update management tool.
- Checking consistency and data reconciliation – The third step involves running a detailed Simplification Item (SI) check to examine the system and present a meticulous picture of simplification items relevant to the system.
- Period-end closing activities – It is all about analyzing the custom code to identify parts that need to be adapted to the SAP S/4HANA model.
- Document your posting data – It involves running the Software Update Manager or SUM. It is the instrument that performs the actual technical conversion with all the tasks such as database migration, software update, application data migration, and likewise.
- Archiving data, you no longer require – With the beginning of the SUM phase, the Realization phase begins, and the downtime starts.
Advantages of SAP S/4HANA for Big Data Conversion
- Simplicity – SAP S/4HANA ushers in commendable simplification to the management and administration of an IT landscape. It enables the centralizing of hardware and network resources and serves as a digital core for business process simplification by co-opting the power of the HANA in-memory database.
- Innovation – SAP S/4HANA embodies innovation and cutting-edge technology. With the rapid evolution of technology, it becomes imperative for businesses to stay ahead in the race, and SAP S/4HANA offers precisely that through leverage speed, context, and data accessibility.
- Easy to Use – The ease of using SAP S/4HANA for converting or migrating big data sets it a class apart from its peers.
- Budget-friendly – Choosing SAP S/4HANA is an intelligent move because it is cost-effective. The user is equipped with all the potential to coalesce the analytical and transactional capabilities of various systems onto one location.
- Improved Performance – Lastly, one of the most outstanding merits of SAP S/4HANA for significant data conversion is performance improvement. SAP S/4HANA facilitates improved performance by allowing its users to plan, execute and generate reports and analytics on big data. Furthermore, it opens up space for an organization to provide better service for customer-centric applications.
If you want to know more about big data, data conversion, and SAP S/4HANA, then Silver Touch IT Solutions will be your one-stop destination. They provide comprehensive ERP solutions through SAP HANA, and they are an excellent platform to upgrade your company’s SAP business solutions through the SAP HANA. Silver Touch stands out by implementing best practices with proven methodologies and expertise. Therefore, elevate your organization or company’s IT support by getting in touch with Silver Touch Technologies.